MEK Review’s Roadmap to College and Application Essay Writing Program
For over 20 years, MEK Review has helped hundreds of students on their college admissions journeys. And during that time, over 95% of MEK students have been accepted into Top 100 Schools across the nation. Each year many of our students are accepted to Ivy League colleges and top 10 schools. You can see the full list on our Results page.
But what is the MEK difference that helps students succeed?
We believe success is built on expert guidance, a strategic timeline, and a strong mindset.
Read on to learn more about our college admissions programs and how they can benefit your child.
What is Roadmap to College?
MEK Review’s Roadmap to College (RMC) is a program geared toward guiding 12th grade students through the college admissions process step-by-step. Students work directly with our expert counselors to create an admissions plan that will help them stay organized while giving them the tools to build strong college resumes and write impressive admissions essays.
What are the key features of RMC?
We offer a variety of RMC packages to fit the needs of every student. However, no matter which package you choose, you can be sure that your child will receive the following benefits:
Our expert counselors are here to help your child one-on-one through the entire application process. With 20+ years of experience helping students get into their dream schools, you can feel confident that our academic counselors know exactly what goes into creating a strong application for the most competitive schools.
Students work with their counselors to create a strategic, detailed roadmap of milestones and deadlines that will act as their guide through the application process. This roadmap helps students stay organized, and ultimately, reduces stress and anxiety as they complete their applications.
After our expert counselors have walked your child through the entire application process step-by-step, they will perform a final review of your child’s application before they are ready to submit.
Essay Writing Mastery
Our specialized college essay coaches help students write engaging college admissions essays that will impress any admissions officer. Student essays are also reviewed by our ACS team to ensure that students are producing quality writing that will lead them toward their goals.
What does each RMC package include?
Each RMC package includes some or all of the following services:
- Initial Consultation – During the first meeting, students discuss their grades, test scores, extracurricular activities, and college goals with an expert academic counselor.
- Application Strategy – With the help of their academic counselor, your child will finalize their college list, map out their deadlines, and be given strategies to optimize their admissions results.
- Activities List and Resume – Using the tools and strategies outlined by their academic counselor, your child will craft a professional academic resume and activities list.
- Interview Practice – Your child will practice key skills and tactics to prepare for college admissions interviews.
- Application Progress Review – Your child’s academic counselor will check their application essay progress and ensure that they are headed in the right direction.
- Application Submission – Prior to submission, your child’s application will be reviewed, line-by-line, by their academic counselor.
- Regular Decision Strategy – Based on course grades, exam scores, and other admissions criteria, your child’s academic counselor will decide the best course of action in respect to whether your child should apply early decision or regular decision to the schools of their choice and revise the strategy as needed.
What is the Application Essay Writing Program?
MEK’s Application Essay Writing Program (AEP) is for incoming or current 12th grade students seeking expert, one-on-one guidance as they write their college application essays. Our academic counselors walk students step-by-step through the entire writing process, from brainstorming ideas to creating the final, polished product.
The Application Essay Writing Program is great for students who have a good idea of which schools they want to apply to but want specialized guidance through the personal statement writing process.
What are the key features of AEP?
Students who register for one or more sessions of AEP can expect to:
- Brainstorm, draft, and finalize their personal statements and/or supplemental essay(s)
- Receive a final, comprehensive review of their personal statement and/or supplemental essay(s) from MEK’s ACS Team
- Follow a strategically planned supplemental essay schedule, coordinated by the ACS Team
How does AEP differ from RMC?
Below is a breakdown of what we offer in our Application Essay Writing Program versus our Roadmap to College:
|Application Essay Writing Program||Roadmap to College|
|College List Consultation||Available at an extra cost||Included in all RMC premium packages|
|Final College List||Student is responsible for bringing their college list to the first meeting||The ACS team formulates a college list that includes the student’s top choices and MEK’s suggested target and safety schools|
|Supplemental Essay Schedule||The ACS team designs a strategically planned supplemental essay schedule based on the student’s college list||Same as AEP|
|Essay Meetings||First meeting is one hour long; all meetings to follow are 30 minutes long. Each meeting is followed by 1 hour of independent writing time||Same as AEP|
|Application Strategy Meetings||Available at an extra cost||Included in all RMC Premium Packages|
|Resume Writing Guidance||Available at an extra cost||Included in all RMC Premium Packages|
|Interview Preparation||Available at an extra cost||Included in all RMC Premium Packages|
How to Get Started
We look forward to hearing from you!