Class and Program Registration (Spring 2023)
- All discounts are only valid through the dates listed on MEK promotional materials.
- Students must register for the minimum recommended number of sessions/terms in order to be eligible for promotional discounts.
- In order to secure any discount, students/parents must pay the $300 non-refundable deposit at the time of registration, and complete all registration processes, including full payment of the invoice, before the promotion expiration date.
- Discounts are not applicable to MEK Tutoring Programs, the Academic Counseling Services, or the $50 registration fee.
- Discounts may not be combined with any other promotions or discounts, unless otherwise specified.
Additional restrictions may apply.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Withdrawals
- All cancellations must be made at least seven (7) days before the first day of class to obtain a refund. A $300 non-refundable deposit will remain as a credit on the account. The credit can be used toward future courses at MEK and must be used within one (1) year. If you do qualify for a cash refund, you must submit a written request within 30 days of qualifying for the refund. Otherwise, the monies will remain as credit on account.
- MEK Review respects students’ wishes to change courses and/or programs. However, all course and/or program changes must be approved by an MEK counselor.
- In the case that these changes result in overpayment, the difference may be used as credit to be used toward future courses at MEK Review within one (1) year.
- Withdrawals from MEK courses and/or programs must also be approved by an MEK counselor. The withdrawal process may take up to two (2) weeks after the formal withdrawal request has been made.
- For any withdrawals after the first day of class, the class tuition will be recalculated using the single-session rate of the class and the number of sessions that the student has attended. Credit resulting from the withdrawal will remain on the account, and must be used within one (1) year of the accrual.
Cancelling Enrollment with Promotional Discount: In the case that a student who registered using a promotional discount cancels their enrollment before attending the minimum number of sessions, the discount will become null and void.
MEK Review reserves the right to remove from courses and/or programs students whom MEK deem, in its discretion, to be disruptive to the learning environment, dangerous to other students and/or faculty, incompliant with MEK’s health and safety policies, acting in a manner that shows lack of dignity and respect for students and/or faculty, or engaged in academic misconduct, such as cheating or violating confidentiality. Students removed from courses and/or programs for violations of the Code of Conduct are not eligible for a refund and are not eligible to enroll in other programs without the authorization of an MEK counselor.
Make-Up Policy (Spring 2023)
In the event in which students are absent for scheduled sessions, they will have the opportunity to make up these missed sessions in accordance with the provisions below:
Group Classes and Exam Prep
- For in-person and virtual classes that are recorded, absent students will be provided make-up videos to watch the missed lecture online. Students are required to complete homework, tests, and/or in-person assignments before being granted access to the lecture recording.
- Please note that make-up videos take one (1) to two (2) business days to prepare and post.
- If they notify MEK in advance and such an arrangement is possible, absent students may be allowed to attend a different class section on a different day and time, if they are covering the same material.
- In the case that the student is unable to take advantage of the two procedures above, the class session will be forfeited, and no credit will be granted for the missed session.
Private Tutoring and Academic Counseling Services (ACS)
- Students may reschedule tutoring and ACS sessions without penalty, only if they cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting.
- If the student fails to cancel within the minimum 24-hour notice period, they will forfeit the meeting, thereby losing the option to reschedule the meeting and to receive credit for the missed session.
- In the case that the student appropriately notifies MEK in advance, but cannot reschedule due to scheduling conflicts or lack of teacher availability, the full tuition of the session will be granted as credit on the student’s account, to be used for registration in future MEK enrollment.
In-Person Testing & Classes
- In the case in which an in-person class or test session must be moved to a virtual setting due to a change in MEK Review’s circumstances, students will receive the tuition difference between the in-person and virtual options as credit, to be used toward future courses at MEK Review within one (1) year.
- In the case in which a student needs to take a virtual class instead of their enrolled in-person class due to personal circumstances, the change will be allowed, but the student will not receive credit for the changed class setting.
These Terms supersede all prior oral or written agreements and constitute the entire agreement between the parties. MEK Review reserves the right to change, adjust, or modify its policies at its discretion. The registration policy is subject to change without notice.